Excellent morning! Here is nowadays’s precis from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Nigeria has recorded 454 new cases of coronavirus.
The Nigeria middle for disorder control, NCDC, which revealed this on Friday night time, stated Lagos had 87 new instances at the same time as Edo observed with sixty three.
2. Eunice Ortom, wife of the Benue nation Governor, Samuel Ortom has tested fine for COVID-19.
Mrs. Ortom in a statement on Friday, confirmed that her son and a number of her group of workers also tested fine and had long gone into overall isolation and has urged folks that had touch together with her within the ultimate two weeks to get tested for the sickness.
3. Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos kingdom on Friday said worship centres inside the state will continue to be shut till similarly notice.
Sanwo-Olu all through a briefing at Alausa Ikeja, also stated that every one restrictions applying to mass gatherings will continue to be in force, adding that social and occasions centres as well as social clubs will also remain closed.
Four. The Governor of Ondo kingdom, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, on Friday disclosed, that he’ll not hand over governance to his deputy, Agboola Ajayi no matter testing high quality for COVID-19.
In keeping with Akeredolu, who described his deputy as a threat to governance within the kingdom, Ajayi now not belongs to the APC and governance within the kingdom.
5. The Governor of Ogun country, Prince Dapo Abiodun has introduced that worship centers and faculties could remain closed for another two weeks within the country.
In a assertion made to be had to newsmen on Friday night with the aid of his chief Press Secretary, Kunle Somorin, Abiodun stated available information and reviews of professionals keep to suggest that the fight towards the virus is some distance from being gained.
6. The Peoples Democratic birthday celebration, PDP has appointed Governor Nyesome Wike as the Chairman of Edo country Governorship Election country wide marketing campaign Council.
The birthday celebration, which announced this in a Tweet on Friday, additionally appointed Governor Ahmadu Fintiri as the deputy chairman.
7. The Inspector-widespread of Police, Mr Mohammed Adamu, has ordered the posting and redeployment of senior cops in line with the latest presidential acclaim for the re-enterprise of the pressure.
The pressure Public members of the family Officer, FPRO, Mr. Frank Mba, who disclosed this in a statement on Friday in Abuja, said the presidential approval covered the creation of an extra branch, the Directorate of Intelligence, expansion of the police zonal shape from 12 to 17, and the creation of additional FCID annexes.
Eight. Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo state has announced the release of 80 greater COVID-19 patients inside the nation after checking out bad for the virus.
A assertion individually signed via Obaseki stated that the loss of life toll within the state had, but, risen to 43 with the aged accounting for a massive quantity of the fatalities.
9. The Kaduna kingdom government has confirmed 17 new COVID-19 cases within the kingdom.
In a tweet on Friday night time, the country authorities disclosed that the cases were from Kaduna North and Chikun.
10. Humans had been confirmed dead while different humans are lacking after a 14-passenger boat capsized in Lagos on Friday.
It changed into suggested that the boat which left Ebute-Ero for Ikorodu round 8pm, upturned shortly after it took off, throwing all passengers into the water.