– President Buhari has been asked not to consider people with fraud charges in his new cabinet
– Dr Dennis Aghanya who gave the advice said sidelining degenerate people yet to be arraigned and those standing preliminary would present greater validity on the president
– Going further, he contended that keeping those standing preliminary out of Buhari’s bureau will hinder them subsidizing their preliminaries with open assets
President Muhammadu Buhari has been encouraged not to consider including names of people standing corruption preliminary and those with degenerate inclinations in his new cabinet .
The executive secretary, Anti-Corruption and Research Based Data Initiative (ARDI), Dr Dennis Aghanya gave the exhortation in an announcement made accessible to newsmen on Sunday in Abuja.
He said sidelining corrupt persons yet to be prosecuted and those standing trial would bestow more credibility on the president as one with zero tolerance to corruption.
Aghanya further explained that it would be most expedient to keep those standing trial out of his cabinet to forestall them funding their trials with public funds.
“This has become necessary to avoid situations whereby cabinet members would use public funds to defend their corruption cases pressed against them by the EFCC or any other anti-graft agencies.
“To achieve this, the EFCC and all the anti-graft agencies in the country should also re-double their efforts in the discharge of their duties in public interest to ensure that names of persons in this category are forwarded to Mr. President to guide him in his appointments.
“The EFCC in particular is overwhelmed with cases bothering on economic fraud and may therefore not remember to ensure this duty.
“This also important so that nobody would take the blame game to the doorstep of Mr. President after he has made his appointments’’, Aghanya said.
He also said: “from our investigation so far, a good number of persons distributing their CV’s around for appointment are caught in this web of allegation.”