Big Brother has introduced a new currency this Season: Bet9ja Coins. He did not do away with the BB Naira though, the two currencies are different types of virtual currencies and cannot be used interchangeably.
Bet9ja Coins will be awarded during special challenges and as a reward for individual outstanding performance. There are five different types of Bet9ja Coins, each with a different value and Housemates are advised to use wisdom as they hunt for these treasures throughout the Season. The Coins will allow Housemates to buy any item of their choice throughout their stay in the House. To earn these coins, Housemates have to be at their best: from the Tasks they work on to the special challenges that they will get to face in the House.
Keeping The Coins Secured
Big Brother has provided safety deposit boxes for safe keeping of the housemates’ Bet9ja Coins. Housemates will each be given a key to a safety deposit box to specifically keep te coins in. Losing a key may mean losing all the content in the safety deposit box and keys can be stolen at anytime, by anyone! Also introduced is a special shopping cart where Bet9ja Coins may be traded for privileges.
Just in case you have no idea what @Bet9jaOfficial Coins are and why the Housemates are scheming so hard to get some, here you go.
— Big Brother Naija (@BBNaija) July 5, 2019
Spend it Like it’s Hot
Here are some of the things that Housemates will be able to buy:
- Fast food or take-away meal: 600 Bet9ja Coins
- A spa treatment: 1000 Bet9ja Coins
- A secret room night with a friend: 1000 Bet9ja Coins
- A Nomination card: 1500 Bet9ja Coins
- A Playback recording of a diary room nomination process: 1800 Bet9ja Coins
- Immunity from nomination for one week: 2000 Bet9ja Coins
- A letter from home: 2000 Bet9ja Coins
- Veto Power position and privilege for a week: 2500 Bet9ja Coins
- HoH position and privilege for a week: 2500 Bet9ja Coins
- A video message from home: 2500 Bet9ja Coins
- Immunity from nomination for two weeks: 2750 Bet9ja Coins
An evicted Housemate may choose to give their unused Bet9ja Coins to another Housemate or return them to Big Brother. Housemates can also gift their Bet9ja coins to a fellow Housemate by either giving the key of their safety deposit box to another Housemate or, by physically handing the Bet9ja coins to another Housemate. If the unused Bet9ja Coins sre given to Big Brother, he may decide to re-introduce the Bet9ja Coins into the house in whatever manner he deems fit. This is solely based on Big Brother’s discretion.
How do you think the introduction of Bet9ja Coins will change the dynamics of the game?